The new Berkem process at T. Gold
WHITENOR® is the brand new Berkem process for Platinum-Ruthenium-based decorative and thickness galvanic baths that guarantees extremely white and brilliant deposits (color coordinates L * 88; a * 0.55; b * 2.8) so much that they are confused with those made with rhodium-based solutions (color coordinates L * 90.5; a * 1; b * 1.5). The reduction of the color coordinate b *, compared to the PLATINOR® solutions (color coordinates L * 88; a * 0.6; b * 3.5), based on pure Platinum, up to now proposed by Berkem as an alternative to rhodium, certifies the quality of the whiteness of the new process.
WHITENOR is the surprising result of a year of studies and tests carried out by the Berkem R&D Team to meet the current needs of the jewellery and fashion market, which require white precious finishes such as those based on rhodium, with certified chemical stability that guarantees ease of use, but not subject to uncontrollable market price fluctuations.
The evolution of Berkem lies in the new Platinum-Ruthenium-based process formulations that perfect the depositions of precious metals alternative to Rhodium, but technically and aesthetically comparable: it is a contemporary and innovative approach to electroplating supported by continuous investments in R&D and sensitivity eco-sustainable that Berkem translates into its production choices by preferring pure raw materials from controlled and verified sources.
- WHITENOR® represents the new aesthetic of white in galvanic finishes and is characterized by:
- Platinum-Ruthenium alloy
- Brilliant white color devoid of any yellowish reflections
- Ease of use and deposition on any metal surface including silver
- Chemical stability of the solution which guarantees long life to the bath
- High color stability with wide range of applied current (3 to 6 V)
- Deposits with thicknesses up to 3 microns which determine its excellent performance as an intermediate deposit before coloring